We’ve talked about some of the most effective marketing automation features and how to implement them, including lead nurturing, segmentation, and lead scoring—both of which can have huge returns. Today, we’re going to talk about another tactic for getting the most out of your content and marketing automation investments: personalization.
Personalizing content means using information about a known user to serve up content that’s relevant to that person.
“How long does it take to produce a piece of content?”
We hear this question a lot—from customers, prospects, people just starting out, and those in the thick of content marketing—and it’s easy to understand why. Building out a content marketing process requires an understanding of timelines and tasks, and the experiences of other companies can be valuable barometers for content production.
“How long does it take to produce a piece of content?” Ask @lizkoneill
But it’s a question that resists a single answer. The correct answer to this question really is: it depends! It depends on the topic and…
What’s the ROI of a Content Operation? [Infographic]
A content operation—the process for producing, distributing, and analyzing content while increasing productivity, delivering measurable results, and reducing organizational friction—goes way beyond strategy. It treats content as the essential business asset it is.
Building such a process isn’t easy. But the ROI of doing so is unparalleled. Organizations who invest in a content operation see real business…
A new study by Forrester finds that only 4% of B2B content marketers are “true masters of content marketing.” The other 96% are “doing” content marketing, but not at an advanced level.
This stat reveals a disconcerting trend. Most B2B marketers think they are more advanced in content than they are in application.
As Forrester puts it, “Content marketing self-confidence outpaces actual capabilities.” 51% of those surveyed rate their content marketing as “very mature,” yet the vast majority (87%) feel challenged to produce content that actually engages. Moreover, the majority of marketers report creating content to…
The marketing game—just like the dating game—has gone digital.
Of course, in-person social skills are still critical. But in this day and age, technology makes finding the right match—in both love and business—a more informed, strategic process.
What This OkCupid Admin Can Teach You About Digital Marketing by @dacontentking
I have no shame in admitting I’ve tried some—okay, all—of the popular dating sites and apps out there. I’m even an OkCupid Admin. And over the past year, I’ve come to realize just how similar the worlds of online dating and content marketing can be, and how my knowledge of the former…
It has to be. The media we use to communicate with customers changes frequently and unexpectedly, and we need to adapt with it.
Sometimes, it feels like we’re standing inside one of those grab-the-cash booths. The money is blowing, moving, dancing. As marketers, we’re doing our best to make the right moves and maneuver the big bucks into our (company’s) hands.
For some organizations, content marketing is already considered one of the best strategies for catching those revenue dollars.
But what happens when a mid-level marketer sees the need for content marketing,…
SlideShare is a key distribution channel for modern marketers to consider. With its 60 million monthly unique visitors and 215 million page views, SlideShare is among the top 120 most-visited websites in the world. It’s also become the world’s largest community for sharing presentations and other professional content.
So integrating SlideShare presentations into your content strategy is a no-brainer.
How to Design a Killer SlideShare Presentation in Under 5 Hours for $0
But, it can be daunting to hire designers or spend weeks in PowerPoint trying to make your deck visually interesting and compelling.
These days, marketers are on an aggressive quest for attention. Attention for their brand, their products, their expertise. To get it, they often ditch their long-term strategy for the new shiny toy, from social media trends and channels to alternative targeting tactics and SEO tricks.
But is there any danger in equating attention with success? Is Burger King’s “Whopper Sacrifice” campaign (which rewarded Facebook users who unfriended 10 connections with a free whopper) really that remarkable? Was Oreo’s “you can still…
Content marketing has a process problem. Learn how SiriusDecisions recommends brands restructure their content factories to optimize efficiency and ensure the content being created is the content your buyers need.
Content marketing is cheaper, more effective, and better received by customers than traditional marketing efforts. Don’t believe us? Check out this full page of content marketing statistics, consistently updated with the newest research and findings.